Lemon Cheesecake with Calendula Blossoms
- 6 eggs, separated
- 1 stick plus 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 12 ounces softened cream cheese
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh lemon balm leaves or 2 tsp dried
- 4 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons finely ground Calendula petals
Preheat over to 325 F; grease a 10-inch angel food tube pan. Beat egg white until they stand in soft peaks. In another bowl, cream butter, sugar, egg yolks, and cream cheese. Add lemon balm, lemon zest, and petals. Fold in egg whites. Bake 55 minutes and cool 10 minutes before inverting onto a plate. Garnish top with more Calendula petals.